05 October, 2010

My Review of Merrell Phaser Peak Hiking Boots - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

These Phasers will stun you with amazing comfort, rugged durability and solid support—built for long day hikes or weekend backpacking escapes.


Best Hiking Boot Yet

By Seanahee from Ann Arbor, MI USA on 10/5/2010

 

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: True to size

Pros: Ankle Support, Great Traction, Good Arch Support, Sturdy/Durable, Comfortable

Best Uses: Day Hiking, Everyday, Wet Conditions

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

Arch Type: High Arch

Was this a gift?: No

I've always been a big fan of the Merrell brand, so when I wanted an all-around light hiker that's where I started.

Where do I start? Great fit, great cushion, exceptional support. I've struggled finding hiking boots I liked in recent years. Everything was either too heavy and ski-boot-stiff or too light. These are a perfect balance. I can wear them all day and feet feel great no matter what terrain.

Haven't had the opportunity to really test wet weather performance, but early indications are good.

Initially I had some concerns about the wrapover rubber toe bumper. Seemed to pinch into top of my big toe. But after a little break-in this problem was completely cleared up.

Glad I finally found the perfect boots!

(legalese)

No comments: