17 November, 2010

I Am A Steelheader

I don't think things get really interesting until daily highs stay consistently below 45 degrees.

I am a steelheader.

I check every knot three times after I tie it.

I am a steelheader.

I have a closet full of layers for virtually every possible sort of nasty weather.

I am a steelheader.

My overhead cast sucks, but I can roll cast a rig with two flies, weight, and an indicator like a machine.

I am a steelheader.

I own only two 4-6 weight rods; and at least six 8 weights.

I am a steelheader.

I keep a tube of superglue in my bag for cracked fingers.

I am a steelheader.

I relish the curious looks I get from people when I explain that yes, I do wade all winter.

I am a steelheader.

I'm happiest when it's snowing.

I am a steelheader.

-Sean-

No comments: