24 February, 2011

Anticipation

After doing a little reading, it would appear that I stumbled onto a highly regarded spey stick. The Scott 1287-3, from everything I find online is a lot of spey caster's favorite stick. I was surprised by how many folks raved about its smoothness and abilities for long, accurate casts. Mine was owned by a guide who used it as his personal spey rod, so it's in excellent condition. As a bonus, it's got good fishing ju-ju! Many steelhead have been caught on this stick.

I've got a new Rio Skagit 500 grain line all set. Now I just need to find a #6 reel for it. I think the Ross CLA will be the winner. Affordable, and with a reputation for no-frills reliability.

Can't wait to get the whole rig together and cast a bit with it. Hoping I can have the whole set-up before Spey School in July!

-Sean-

No comments: