22 February, 2011

Fat's Where It's At

Spent the past couple days skiing at Caberfae. Potential for big snow was in the forecast, so I tossed in the Line Prophet 100's. While I'm amazed at these fat skis versatility, powder and the subsequent crud is where they shine. I enjoyed skiing them two days back-to-back, which I don't often get to do.

Yesterday morning I really was able to get in the groove with these fantastic boards. I was just ripping down the steepest slopes with big swooping turns at high-speed with total stability. I was shocked by my ability to hold a fast line consistently. Surprisingly, when you need to go edge-to-edge quickly to scrub off speed, or handle tight quarters, they rollover very quickly.

Even got to surf some first tracks in 8" of fresh powder. For Michigan, that's a rare treat and one these skis are more than up to. Sit back a little, roll your hips and let 'em go!

Visually, I love these. The graphics are very unique (I actually don't like the newer versions as much) and that big fat board under foot looks like a water ski snuck onto the snow. Very cool.

If you're a Midwest skier considering a second set of skis for out West and the fortunate Midwest Powder Day, I strongly recommend a demo. I'm incredibly happy with mine!

-Sean-

No comments: