19 May, 2011

Welcome Back

I'm happy to be back in the Jeep family. My '11 Jeep Liberty Limited is both a sweet ride on-road, and an effective vehicle when conditions degrade. After wrapping up on the Manistee on Friday, I decided there had to be a more direct route back to Cadillac. The alternative was driving 10 miles west, then 10 miles back east.

So, I headed down a dirt road in about the right direction. This turned into a single-lane two-track. Then into something more like a deer path. Of course, 7" of rain in the area the previous week left conditions pretty poor with some serious holes full of water. In the previous Honda Element, I'd have been stuck for certain.

But like all the Jeeps I've had before NO PROBLEMO! Lots of ground clearance meant powering through everything I encountered. In fact, though I considered it, I never shifted into 4WD. Jeep just kept rolling along. Best part was the ride though. I've always found Jeeps a little stiff on-road, but when you get them off the pavement, its obvious that on-road wasn't what they were designed for.

With gas over $4.00 per gallon, I thought long and hard about vehicle alternatives. In the end, I realized that Jeep is the perfect vehicle for the types of activities I love.

It's good to be home. Thanks, Jeep!

-Sean-

No comments: