02 January, 2012

Happy New Year!

With my day job closed for the Holidays last week, I was pretty much unplugged from all things digital. However I did have many outdoor-related activities last week -- look for future posts on these antics.

With a new year come new opportunities here are a few things that I know are on my horizon:
  • Early January steelhead expedition with my Dad
  • Montana trout-chasing in the early Fall
  • Some skiing, if it ever snows here...
  • UP steelhead trip around the trout opener; including taking along two newbies who think they might be interested in fly fishing
  • Lots more cycling; never did find my groove last year
  • Potential Spring trip to Utah
  • Learning to row my raft and exploring new waters
Much like New Year's resolutions, I find it useful to have a goals list for my outdoor activities. This enables me to better utilize my limited spare time (damn day job...) so I get the most out of it. I'm also working on some 2012 goals. More to come on those.

Happy New Year! Hope you're making plans to get outside in the new year.

-Sean-

No comments: