21 March, 2012

Adverntures on River X and Y

Been fortunate float two new rivers this season with knowledgeable guides. In both cases, I was sworn to some level of secrecy. This ranged from a casual, "stay off social media" to a more aggressive, "I fanyone asks, you have no idea where we put in...".

I'm consider myself lucky to have friends like this. Because of their knowledge I get to experience new water and without the fumbling of having to find access points, good holes, or know when the best times are to search out fish.

The business side of guiding fascinates me. It's easy to think, "Wow this guy has the life..." when out on the river. But reality is that a good guide is thinking about a million factors, so you don't have to. And it's so much more than just the weather. A full-time guide needs to have a whole bunch of tricks up his sleeve if he's going to the put clients on fish.

I'm pretty happy my guide buddies have some trick up their sleeves -- tricks they've been willing to share with me!

-Sean-

No comments: