20 April, 2012

It's the Little Things

While stocking up on supplies for a couple of new patterns this weekend, I picked up a Rite Bobbin. I've been eyeing these for a while, but the $30 price tag (for a bobbin -- seriously?) kept me away.

So I loaded it up with my favorite GSP thread (a little slippery, but good luck breaking it) on Saturday. Dissassembly and reassembly were very simple. I would install the optional washers on either side - made mine butter-smooth.

From the first fly, WUNDERBAR! This thing is da' bomb! I never realized how much difference proper thread tension made and the role the bobbin could play in that. My thread control's always been a bit marginal. But this thing make me an ace!

Now the only challeng is talking myself out of replacing all of my other bobbins! Awesome product!

Sean-

No comments: