05 April, 2012

Remington Versa Max One-Year Tear-Down

Did my first full-on tear-down and cleaning a couple of weeks ago. While I haven't shot this gun extensively, it's had some decent outings - probably 300 rounds between clays and duck hunting. My only cleaning efforts have been to run a Bore Snake through with some Hoppe's No. 9.

Being gas-operated, my inclination was that the pistons and related components in that region would be pretty grimy. Imagine my surprise to find only minor carbon that easily cleaned up with a bit of CLP and a toothbrush! A little Remington Bore Scrubber and a few patches and the barrel's ready to rock.

I'm still extremely pleased by how easily this gun disassembles and goes back together. Truly a simple machine. Thus far, I have yet to experience a mis-fire or any error in operation. I'd call that pretty good news!

-Sean-

No comments: