18 March, 2014

More than Meets the Eye

During the process of selecting my Giant Defy Advanced frameset, I got a glimpse of the complexities of carbon fiber frame selection. Through the process of tuning fibers, types, layups, and other factors, a manufacturer can completely change the riding profile of a bike.

Ride, sweet ride! Giant Defy Advanced 1 (mostly).

But a recent article in Bicycling really brought it all home for me. Wow, there is WAY more to it than I'd ever realized. And it makes me glad I chose to stick with the Giant brand - the world's largest manufacturer of carbon fiber bikes. With their resources, Giant has access to a broad range of manufacturing capabilities that others wouldn't. And, as a result, I think Giant offers a stable of bikes at outstanding price points for what you get.

If you haven't seen this article, have a look. It's pretty fascinating! Now, if we could just get on with Spring so I can hit the roads!

-Sean-

No comments: