01 October, 2009

Shoot!

Just when I think I'm gone - no firearms I lust for and no new purchases in a long time, I make the mistake of visiting Cabelas gun counter. And, I stumble onto a combo that's intriguing. A .22LR revolver. Well-made, and affordable. Great.

As ammo prices have skyrocketed and availability has tightened I've come to love my .22's even more. A mid-range box of 100 rounds of CCI ammo is only 6 bucks. Contrast that with 9mm or .45ACP where 50 rounds might cost you $20.

I've shot several friend's revolvers in a wide range of calibers (no .22's yet). Love 'em. Simple. Reliable, and a little different from all the autos out there.


The object of my affection? Taurus 94. Stainless steel. Well-built, and affordable. Sweet little pistol.

And let's not even talk about the S&W 15-22 rifle I learned of...

-Sean-

No comments: