07 December, 2009

Say yer' Prayers, Rabbit...

Took my new wheelgun to the range yesterday for it's inaugural shoot. I've wanted a revolver for a while, but couldn't justify spending the big $$$ for an S&W (not to mention the higher ammo cost for one of the larger calibers).

Courtesy of a Cabelas special event, I scored a deal on a Taurus M94 revolver in .22 LR. If you haven't handled one of these, I highly recommend. Great build quality, feels solid in-hand, and super-sharp in stainless steel. Mine's a 4" barrel model, since it will be targets-only.

Great, so how's it shoot? In a word - outstanding. I love it. Target sights are easy to see, easy to align, and make it all happen. On first three rounds, I was getting 2" groups at 10 yards; not bad for a first time out with a new gun! Best of all, ammo's under $20 for a brick. Try that with 9mm!

Did get a nice treat, too. Met a guy at the range who let me shoot a couple of his guns (and of course I let him shoot the new revolver). His hot rod gun was an S&W in 9mm on a 1911 platform, custom built by S&W Performance shop. WOW -- this thing was insanely accurate! Thanks, Sam!

-Sean-


No comments: