08 January, 2010

Cold Smoke

I've read that Native Americans in Alaska have over 40 different names for snow based on it's composition. I got my fave today -- what I've most often heard as "cold smoke powder". I love words and there's no better description. Light, fluffy, crystalline. Couldn't make a snowball out of it on a bet. It's literally like cold smoke (duh - hence the name). And, I found 6" of it on my driveway today. Never mind moving that stuff around.

It's the snow that gave Utah the tagline, "Greatest Snow on Earth" and it's just about my favorite thing. This was our first real significant snow of the year in SE Michigan (while everyone else has been getting dumped on, it seems) so I was doubly happy to see.

Now I just have to get some time to go play in it!



-Sean-

No comments: