11 January, 2010

IFF?

My buddy Paul refer to the need to go shooting as "ITF" or Itchy Trigger Finger. I think lately I have IFF -- or Itchy Fishing Finger! I think my next trip North to ski may need to include a few hours on the river.

I've been eager to walk-in and wade some of the lower Manistee, and Tippy Dam is only a few minutes drive from Caberfae. Or, I can take a little drive down to the PM. Either way, it's time to get in some cold water!

There's something about the serenity of a winter river that's truly unique. This photo, taken last January sums it all up. Crisp. Cold. And, nobody else out. This spot on the PM is just above one of my better runs for walk-in fishing on the PM. I've hooked steelhead, caught trout, and truly enjoyed it. And it's a ten-minute walk in from good parking!

Alternately, if weather's right, maybe I'll try chasing chrome on the Lower Huron. I hear there are some good spots around Rockwood. And it's only a 45 minute drive from home.

Tight lines!

-Sean-

No comments: