15 June, 2010

Chrome on the Brain

Everyone I know who fishes seems to have a special passion. Mine is steelhead. Yeah, I have grown in my appreciation of trout, and even caught some very nice ones, as well as a growing overall number. But there's really nothing like pure chrome.

And, I've noticed I'm already pining for the Fall run. Had planned to pick up a 4 wt. stick for trout on dries -- just decided it can wait. I'm already thinking about Skagit lines and sink tips for my switch rod. Talking to guides about Winter trips. Last night while looking for something to read, I went seeking Matt Supinski's excellent Steelhead Dreams.

But I'll make it -- lots of great trout fishing remains. Still a few hatches on. And there's always nymphing. But another new fave is terrestrials. Total blast on those hot July days when nothing else works.

-Sean-

No comments: