09 June, 2010

What A Long Strange Trip...

Was reflecting today on my immersion into fly fishing. Seems to occupy a growing chunk of my time, but also offers so much. A few benefits:
  • I get outside regularly, and Iget to see some beautiful new places.
  • I'm continually learning - this is a BIG area of fulfillment for me; I need to be learning new skills all the time it seems.
  • I've made some great friends I wouldn't have met otherwise and fishing is a great way to spend time with them.
  • It's given my Dad and I an even stronger connection - a common passion.
  • No matter where I go, it seems I meet someone who's into fish on fly and I make a new friend often.
  • I can teach others; something else I like a great deal.
  • It's a continual challenge; there's always something new to do.
Ever since my first day out with Fred Steuber guiding on the Manistee, I was hooked. As they say, "The Tug is the Drug" which is surely true for me.

-Sean-

No comments: