01 October, 2010

Bucket List

Latest issue of Outside magazine has a nice article on things you must do (was happy to see "Catch a steelhead on a spey rod" and "Ski epic powder of fat skis" -- check, and check!) in the latest issue. This set me to thinking on my outdoor Bucket List. So here are a few. Some are short-term and could happen in the next year or two, others may take a little while:

  • Heli-ski in Alaska or British Columbia
  • Catch a 30" trout
  • Pheasant hunt in South Dakota
  • Learn to row a drift boat well
  • Ski Mt. Baker, Washington and Jackson Hole, Wyoming
  • Master the Skagit cast
  • Ride a half-century
  • Shoot a double while pheasant hunting
  • Catch Atlantic Salmon in the St. Mary's
  • Explore the steelhead rivers of SW Ontario
Doable? Actually, I think every goal on this list is very possible; and attaining them will certainly keep me challenged! Of course, by tomorrow I'll have ten more!

-Sean-

No comments: