27 September, 2011

Bucket List

Next week I get to cross off a Bucket List item - fishing out West. Headed to The Stonefly Inn in Twin Bridges, Montana. This is a hosted trip arranged by my buddy Mike Schultz of Schultz Outfitters. From everything I've heard, this is going to be everything I anticipated - lots of opportunities to hit lots of legendary water.

With the guidance and advice of friend and knowledgeable guide Jon Ray, I feel like I've upped my game and am ready for the trip. I can comfortably throw a streamer, and feel like I understand the dynamics of that program. And I've had some solid tutelage on fishing dries/hoppers from a drift boat. Thanks for putting in the time with me JR!

I'm also pleased to have some hours in with my Scott A-3 907-4 stick with sink tip, floating, and intermediate lines. I picked this rig up mostly for this trip and it's proven to be surprisingly versatile and effective.

Got the suggested gear list at the pre-trip meeting and fortunately was mostly all set. I did add a nice Simms waterproof backpack for use as a boat bag. This will see a lot of use in Michigan, too.

More stories, and pictures, to follow!

-Sean-

No comments: