06 December, 2011

Learn from My Mistakes

Recently had a good reminder about a life lesson I've finally learned. A knowledgeable fishing guide friend said, "I'd like to help you avoid all the mistakes I've made by not buying the right gear in the first place..."

So true. Whenever there's been an item I really wanted to add to the quiver, but I cheaped out, I end up regretting the decision. Some fairly simple algebra applies -- it's cheaper to buy the right thing the first time than it is to buy a lower-cost alternative, then replace it with what you wanted in the first place. Even eBay sales seldom recoup that loss.

Next time you're pondering an expense; think it through. If you'll only end up with the more expensive one, just wait and save your money. You'll be glad you did.

-Sean-

No comments: