05 December, 2011

Order to Chaos

A place for everything and everything in its place. Normally my mantra for keeping outdoor gear organized and stored safely. Sadly, one I had not applied to my tying supplies.

All those feathers, furs, beads, and wiggly rubber legs were just in chaos in a few different Rubbermaid storage containers. But I couldn't find much of anything. And, I'd even started buying duplicates. Not good. Time to bring order to chaos.

After pulling everything apart into some rough groupings. Once I did this, I quickly discovered most things fit pretty well into three categories:
  • Feathers
  • Furs
  • Man-Made Materials
Fortunately, everything divided fairly equally (though I do seem to have amassed an outstanding amount of feathers). To keep things even further organized, I grouped some of the man-made stuff together. I found I have a ton or rubber legs, dubbing, and Senyo's shaggy dub (a steelheader's staple!). So each got a Ziploc bag.

The results are awesome! Now I can tell what I have, don't have, or am getting low on at a glance. And when I'm feeling creative, locating that new cool material is a snap. Wish I'd done this a long time ago.

-Sean-

No comments: