09 May, 2012

Feets of Strength

My friends know me as a die-hard flip-flop wearer. Once it's warm enough that I won't have blue toenails, the flops make their appearance. Of course, as with most things, I'm a gear afficianado. And this extends to the lowly flip-flop. You won't see any $1.99 WalMart specials on this cowboy. Here are a few of my favorites:

Reef Mick Fanning
The original high-performance flop. Awesome heel cushioning, supportive arch (the mark of a superior model), wide comfy straps. I currently have 4 pair of these, one of which I desparately need to just give up on. And, yes, these are the ones with the bottle opener integrated into the sole. One important comment on that last item - take the flop off to use the bottle opener. Trust me on this one...

Chaco
I don't even know what model they are. Judging from the web site, they don't even exist anymore. Mine look like brand new, despite being at least 5 years old. My only complaint was a too-narrow strap. This seems to have been corrected in the newer models. If durability and comfort are in your prioirities -- Chacos are it.

Simms EbbTide Flip
You knew it was only a matter of time before Simms had a flip of their own. As you would expect of Simms, they rock. Though I've only had them a little while, they're already working on displacing my beloved Reef's. Great arch support, a little ridge the locks (and supports) your toes, and a shock-absorbing soles are among their better qualities. Plus, they match my G4 jacket. How cool is that?



So there you are -- three solid options and just in time for the warmer weather! So get ou there and get some high-performance comfort!

-Sean-

No comments: